Subject: Rappers Sold Their Soul To the DevilDate: 06-28-2005
Author: theTRUTHBEHINDHIPHOPReply
This letter might be more organized
-------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone;

I was researching "The Truth Behind Hip Hop" - DVD, from

http://www.exministries.com

I watched the DVD. In the DVD, the speaker says that the Satan made
Heavy Metal Music so that people would fully embrace him by this music. But Satan wasn't happy because 'brothers' were not into heavy
metal. So he had to come up with a music that would reach brothers and spread out to all cultures - black , white, hispanic, asian etc.

The speaker revealed some things that I will list below about hip hop artist.

I double-checked everything he said to make sure it's all true.
I heard through other sources that DMX, Snoop Dogg and Tupac were rapping that they sold their souls to the devil. I wanted to
see if it was true.

I went to a website called http://www.azlyrics.com and did a search to see what the rappers were saying about the devil.

Here is the information I learned..

Detail #1: Snoop Dog
--------------------------
In his autobiography "The Doggfather", Snoop Dogg says the devil came to him to make a deal that he would be rich and famous in exchange for his soul. Snoop said yes and identifies that as the death of calvin broadus and the birth of snoop dogg.

Detail #2: Tupac in his song "Good Life"
-----------------------------------------------------
Tupac says he sold his soul to the devil.

"I sold my soul for a chance to kick it and bang
Now tell if I'm wrong
but sayin "Fuck the world" got you deeper in my songs
Drinkin 'til I earl, spendin money 'til it's gone
It's the good life - maybe niggaz got it goin on"

"why I should change, into a softie
.. after living so loftily
It cost me my soul out of control in a devil's world"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/goodlife.html

Detail #3: I found what is DMX rap song lyrics.
----------------------------------------------------
DMX did a Song with MARILYN MANSON of all people. On the cover of his CD, DMX is dripped in blood with the M of his name conspicuously over his head to make it appear like he has horns out of his head. Your average hip hop listener may have missed this thing with marilyn manson.

So I went to azlyric.com to check out the lyrics on DMX's albums.

Here's what I from 2 songs that DMX did.

A. FROM THE SONG "LET ME FLY".

In this song, DMX explains that he sold his soul to the devil and exactly why he did it etc.

"I sold my soul to the devil, and the price was cheap A yo it's cold on this level cause it's twice as deep But you don't hear me, ignorance is blisning and so on
Sometimes it's better to be taught dumb
Shall I go on
You don't want no real, what the deal is a mystery
How is it I can live and make history
If you don't see it then it, wasn't ment for you to see
If you wasn't born wit' it then, it wasn't ment for you to be
But you can't blame me for not wantin' to be hound
lock down in a cell wit' a soul gettin' dwelled
This is hell, go get the devil and get me the key
but can't be worst than the curse that was given ta me
It's what I live for, you take away that and I'm gone "

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dmx/letmefly.html

B. FROM THE SONG "THE OMEN" That he did with Marilyn Manson.

If you read the lyrics on www.azlyrics.com, you will notice that There is a Duet Going on Between DMX and someone else. The person doing the duet with DMX is in paragraphs.
Let's see if you can figure out who the duet is with.

"(You, right here shorty, told you, I got you Like the way I scooped
you, when those fagget niggaz shot you? I'ma hold you down, and I mean that, for real)

But everytime you beef with a nigga, I end up havin' to kill

(Ain't like that, and hey, forget about them 2 kids 'Bout to do a deal, somethin' nice as you is)
Oh you think
(Nah, I'm just playin', what's up?
I got some new bitches, I know you tryin' to fuck)
Not really "

By the end of the song you know exactly who is doing the Duet

"Here we go again

(After what I just gave you, with you actin' like that when you asked for that favor)

Yo, I ain't ask you for shit

(Oh yes you did, when you really needed something, and you was out, you did You sold me your soul, )"

That was a duet between DMX and Satan.
And marilyn manson was singing this on the chorus.

"Here we are on our way to hell
We're gonna do it, and we do it well

This is Marilyn Manson, Dmx, Ruff Ryders
[repeats and distorts til end]"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dmx/theomen.html

That was supposed to be a duet with the devil. It probably was. If it was another rapper doing the part in parentheses , then it would have said the rapper's name.

Detail #4: Color Me Bad's
----------------------------
The Group "Color Me Bad" had a hit single "I wanna sex you up". The Ex-member Kevin, gave his life to christ and admitted that in the studio the members of Color Me Bad, did a witches spell over the CD so that they would have a hit record and that hundreds of thousands of girls would lose their virginity to this song.

Source: "The Truth Behind Hip Hop" DVD http://www.exministries.com

Detail #5: Bone Thugs and Harmony
-------------------------------------------
From the DVD, I learned, Bone Thugs and Harmony had a witchcraft curse at the back of their CD. it's written backwards so once a person recognizes that, they will
naturally hold it up to a mirror and try to read it.
The speaker on the DVD, researched it and discovered that the witches of salem, would send them a letter written backwards when they wanted to put a curse on someone. the person would hold it up to the mirror
and read it backwards.

Source: "The Truth Behind Hip Hop" DVD - http://www.exministries.com

Detail #6: JAY Z 's song HOVA
------------------------------

From azlyrics;
"Hova the God, I should be rappin with turban"

"I consistantly take em out the park like Ken Griffey
Do you believe? It's Hova the God"

He's saying that he is J-Hovah or Jehovah from the bible.

Source:

Detail #7: Ja Rule
----------------------
In the song "the Only Begotten", Ja Rule Raps about putting a Slug in God

in his song
" dont know whether to hug
Or to fill you with slugs"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarule/onlybegottenson.html

But in another of his rap song "Survival of the Illest " the
intro, he says this that he loves the devil

"Love the devil and women I keep em sinnin"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarule/survivaloftheillestintro.html

Detail #8: Ride or Die Music
---------------------------------
There's a lot of rap songs out there about 'Ride or Die' at one of the presentations by G. Craig Lewis of www.exministries.com, a 15 year old came
up to the altar and said he doesn't want to have anything to do with hip hop
any more and he wants to give his life to Jesus Christ. He went and got his
Sawed off Shot gun and gave it to G. Craig Lewis and said he doesn't know how many people he shot with it. The 15 year old said, regular teenagers can't kill in cold blood like that. The way they would do it is to listen to Gangsta Rap music for about 20 minutes then they are ready to kill anybody.

Source: "the Truth behind hip hop" DVD

Closing Thoughts:
------------------
It turns out Satan was not happy that Heavy Metal was not reaching 'Brothers'. So he created that Hip Hop to reach 'brothers' and cross all kinds of ethnic & cultural barriers.

Hip Hop is not 'our' music. It is the devil's music. He wants the people in the club to recognize him and adore him. When people dance to his music and his artist, they are dancing to the devil's beats, songs and ideals. Gangsta Rap pretty much started with Snoop Dogg who sold his soul to the devil and took off - now everybody is crazy
about making hard gangsta beats like Dr. Dre. All the beats in hip hop have to be hard - just the way the devil wants it. You can't put out a album now unless it's got a touch of gangsta or that ying yang krunck sound like the beats for "Only you" by Ashanti or "Can you keep up" beyonce.

Gangsta beats put you in that frame of mind to do what the devil wants, bumpin and grinding in the clubs, drinkin moet and crystal and sex with everything that passes by. That's the devil's way. That's why at many of these concerts they perform or fake sex acts on stage (Example: Luke, R.Kelly, Ying Yang twins and more ). Before Ja Rule's concerts they chant Murda' Murda' before they start the song. At the end of Ja Rule's concerts, they have an angel hanging from the ceiling flapping it's wings chanting

'Murda' Murda'. What's that angel? what's that about?

Now you know The Truth Behind Hip Hop.

Satan tried to make the same deal with Jesus Christ when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. The bible says

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Matthew 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou
wilt fall down and worship me.
Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is
written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve

Do you want to be with hip hop or with God?

Stephen

Subject: RE: Rappers Sold Their Soul To the Devil Date: 06-28-2005
Author: soulsis Reply
man oh man! you are making me think of the
meetings I used to go to in los angeles where this
coach exposed some things about forty ounces--tu
pac and snoop included. I wish I could find that book
but I can't even find the author any more and the
health food store is closed down. this is deep

Author: Christina Bernard Reply
Every one has a conspiracy theory.... I do not have the time, nor do i have the energy to reply to such thinking...

I mean come on performing witchcraft over the cd???? OK...whatever you say!!!

Author: THE BIGTIMER Reply
WHAT THE????????? HIP HOP IS JUST MUSIC. BROTHERS AND SISTERS JUST BE EXPRESSING THEMSELVES. YOU COULD DRAW ALL SORTS OF THINGS FROM WHAT THEY SAY OR WHAT THEY DO. ALL CLUB MUSIC MAKES YOU DANCE. NOT JUST RAP MUSIC. DANCE IN IT'S PUREST FORM IS MERELY CELEBRATION OF THE CREATION OF LIFE. (SEX) ALWAYS HAS BEEN. HAS IT GOTTEN TOO GRAPHIC LATELY? PROBABLY NOT. IT'S JUST HAS MORE EXPOSURE NOW BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE MEDIA CHOICES.

ALL OF THE RAPPERS YOU QUOTED WERE BLACK.
EMINEM SAYS SOME PRETTY CRAZY STUFF.
SO DOES:

INSANE CLOWN POSSE
KID ROCK
HAYSTACK
BUBBA SPARKS

DID THEY SAY ANYTHING CONTROVERSIAL OR AS YOU PUT IT? DID THEY SELL THEIR SOULS TOO?

RUN DMC SAID, "I CUT THE HEAD OFF THE DEVIL AND I'LL THROW IT AT YOU... THE MIGHTY MIC CONTROL ALREADY SOLD HIS SOUL..

RAKIM SAID, "I'M GOD, G IS THE 7TH LETTER MADE

TEDDY RILEY SAID, EVERTHING IS MADE BY MAN

METHOD MAN SAID, AS I WALK THROUGH THE SHADOW OF DEATH, SIXTEEN MEN ON A DEAD MAN'S CHEST

I GUESS ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE PAWNS OF THE DEVIL TOO?

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION, AND YOUR RIGHT TO EXPRESS IT, BUT, PLEASE TELL THE WHOLE STORY. NOT JUST THE SIDE THAT FITS YOUR AGENDA. WHATEVER THAT MAY BE. I BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC THAT THEY LIKE AND FORM THEIR OWN OPINIONS ABOUT IT.
PEACE.

Author: Captain Calamity Reply
I also think Satan was responsible for the Polka.

Author: RedHott Reply
PREEEEEEAAAAAACCCCHHHHH!!!! Soulsis and Big T!

Mannnnn, come on now. Music doesn't make you do anything you don't want to do!!! People have excuses for everything. Beavis and Butthead made 'em do it too, huh??? It's everywhere! Tv, movies, music may influence and give ideas but it doesn't MAKE a person do it. It's called entertainment!!!! Everything said or seen is not True!
Soulsis and Big T, Good Points!!!!

Author: shay Reply
i was understanding you until you got to theses 2 sounds liek you were reachi=ing.. i heard Jay-Z explain his title and it was nothing like you said... you failed to mention MADONNA and she had some lyrics also and she was on a news special about her album saying she sold her soul to the devil..
I respect your opinion and yes music is music , lyrics are lyrics... everyone said Prince was the antichrist also when they found backwards lyrics on his song . but he is not . sometimes people do things to be different, to get a message across

Detail #6: JAY Z 's song HOVA
------------------------------

From azlyrics;
"Hova the God, I should be rappin with turban"

"I consistantly take em out the park like Ken Griffey
Do you believe? It's Hova the God"

He's saying that he is J-Hovah or Jehovah from the bible.

Source:

Detail #7: Ja Rule
----------------------
In the song "the Only Begotten", Ja Rule Raps about putting a Slug in God

in his song
" dont know whether to hug
Or to fill you with slugs"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarule/onlybegottenson.html

But in another of his rap song "Survival of the Illest " the
intro, he says this that he loves the devil

"Love the devil and women I keep em sinnin"

Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarule/survivaloftheillestintro.html

Subject: RE: Rappers Sold Their Soul To the Devil Date: 06-29-2005
captain calamity I hope your name isn't satanic!

Subject: RE: Rappers Sold Their Soul To the Devil Date: 06-29-2005
Author: Captain Calamity Reply
Play my name backwards and you get the satanic message Ytimalac Niatpac.

Subject: RE: Rappers Sold Their Soul To the Devil Date: 06-30-2005
Author: JUICE Reply
Right. As Funkmaster Flex would say, LET'S BE CLEAR! Rappers say things on their records and on stage for many reasons. Sometimes it's for effect. Sometimes it's to get a reaction from the audience. Sometimes it's a narration of what's going on in and around their lives. And sometimes IT'S JUST BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD ON THE MIC! People, do not take everything a famous rapper says literally, or believe every word as gospel. The entertainment industry is just that; an INDUSTRY. It's purpose is to make money in order to sustain and expand itself. The industry realised that rap music was popular and gorged itself on it, just like it did to rock and roll, r&b and swingbeat, grunge and any number of other genres and sub-genres. And remember hiphop has its ebbs and flows, at the moment it is obviously the biggest urban style of music, but it probably won't be forever. The market is currently saturated and that's one of the reasons why rappers are trying to be increasingly obscene lyrically & visually, to push the boundaries of acceptability by shocking the listener, and to cut thru in an overstocked supermarket by being harder, dirtier, more ostentatious than the next man. Hiphop also reflects the social limits of culture; these are changin' times and what sells on vinyl or cd is usually a broad indication of the mood of it's society. In the millenium, sex sells. We aspire to fame and fortune with an almost crazed intensity. We consume of the planet and each other with abandon, then pat ourselves on the back because we can afford it, and we probably won't be around to endure the very dire consequences. Rappers are just saying on record what their audience are thinking but have no platform to say it on. It doesn't make it right, but it is first and foremost entertainment for the bizzare society we live in today. In such a competitive industry, where you are only as good as your last release and you have so much time, money and man-hours invested in how many units you sell, it must be easy to make the analogy, and I can imagine Tupac, Snoop, Dre and whoever else may at times have felt like they HAD made a deal with Satan, with Satan being the the music industry itself. Me? I think that rap music is just doing what it has always done; using what we've got to get what we THINK we want, to the beat of the drum. Peace Out Ya'll,
NINO THE JUICE

P.S. I WISH RAPPERS WOULD VARY THEIR SUBJECT MATTER A JUST A BIT. YOU CAN ONLY SPIT ABOUT GUNS, GIRLS, CARS, DRUGS AND MONEY SO MANY TIMES BEFORE IT GETS BORING....

Author: Fat Jake Reply
How can people say that music doesn't make you do anything. However we can agree that Luther and Marvin dam sure helped your daddy cause the truth is he had no real game.

Aaliyah's (Are you that somebody) Brandy's (Full Moon) and Sean Paul's (Get Busy) was the reason for that Speeding ticket you got pushing you underpowered car on the turnpike.

The reason we play upbeat songs at sporting events. Why does the band get busy when our team is ahead and get quiet when we are getting our a$$ handed to us.

Music's effect on us is no different than any other stimulus. Any Music Education professional can point you to proof that music effects your actions.

You don't think young and dumb teens suffer from all that negativity thats promoted by popular rap today.

well said juice..

fat jake--yeah music has those tendencies but is it the music, the rapper or the devil that makes people--especially young kids do things?

where is the guy who started this thread? I am posting on this topic--not because I am provoked by the devil or this spiritual being who started this topic--it is because I wanted to.
really though folks are caught up for some reason and I agree rap does need a change. several of these cats are over twenty five and some of the ones who are in their thirties may be married but just do this stuff.

captain calamity--I am pu gnikcarc!

Music can often be a mood altering medium, that's certainly true. But to go around saying 'ICE T MADE ME DO IT!!' or 'BLAME IT ON SNOOP!!' after robbing or shooting someone is a cop out and an excuse for not having a strong enough moral code to know what is right or wrong. The fact is individually each and every one of us of right mind is responsible for our own actions, butas a society we're ALL to blame for the state we're in. I think the real problems in hip hop are socio-economic and cultural ones. The people who are "inflenced" into badness do so through 1) Lack of education 2)Lack of balanced family structure 3)Lack of options economically and socially and 4)A saturation of posi-negative images via the media. They follow the gangster lifetyle because they beleive it will get them what they think they want out of life, and this is reinforced by seeing it played out on vidoes and at concerts. What they fail to see is how these images are created and that a lot of what they see is corporate window dressing to make an album or tour sell. Rappers are doing a JOB. They get paid to SELL records. The more famous or infamous they can appear to be, the more they can earn. At the moment, "keeping it real" is what sells units for Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Eminem, DMX etc, the same way that in the late 80's culture and political awareness sold units for Public Enemy, KRS and Arrested Development etc. It's such a global industry now that the dollar/pound/yen/deutschmark is king and whatever you want to hear musically, there's someone out there who's making it and someone who will sell it to you. The best we can do is have the courage of our convictions about what we accept and don't accept and try our hardest to teach the following generations the difference between what's real and what's not, what's right and wrong, and what will uplift us as human beings and what won't. After that, well.. they will make their own choices. PEACE OUT, NINO THE JUICE.

Well Said Soulis and Juice.

I hope for better days. I'm not so much into the conspiracy theories but sometime I wonder:

Wow this track could be better without the Curses.

Wow that curses word is now acceptable for the radio.

Wow the clean version is blank out half of the curses (or bad slang). A third grader is taught how to fill in the blanks in reading comprehension.

Never understood Jay-z's thing with Gods name. The bible speaks of using this name in vain.

Never understood Nas's whole God's Son thing. He actually said in an interview Tupac was Jesus. Now come on.

Jacob

Well said too, Fat Jake. Soon there'll be a record out where the clean version will just be 3 and a half minutes of silence....

WHAT'S UP FAT JAKE? GOOD TO SEE YA HERE. I JUST HAVE A LITTLE TO COMMENT ABOUT. LET'S FIRST START BY SAYING THAT JESUS IS REAL AND SO IS THE DEVIL. BOTH GOOD AND EVIL IS ALL AROUND US EVERDAY BUT WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE CHOICES IN LIFE. ALL I'M SAYING IS CHOOSE YOUR PATHS AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT. I WROTE A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE SAID A FEW MONTHS BACK. CHECK THE VIDEO VIBRATIONS STRING. SHOUT OUTS TO REDHOT AND TOYA. GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE TOO JUICE AND CAPT. CALAMITY. .

Big,
Found your Video Vibes post. True that. One thing we didn't touch on yet. The "N" word. If anything has really gotten out of hand it's that. First it was hardcore rap, then mainstream, now R&B.

I do also have the stoplight problem, the riding with my kid problem, the riding with elders problem, the riding with other ethnic groups problem.

Then there's the office music problem. I'm so afraid to hook my IPOD up to my speakers. My non-African American hip hop loving coworker knows not to play his music around me. Why? because first he'g get fired, and next an a$$ whoppin. Seriously.. this is sad because we probably share alot of the same songs. How does this sound.

I think I might be going Country soon. Karl Malone is down with us..... ;)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!NA JAKE. THE BIGTIMER A'INT QUITE READY FOR THE GARTH BROOKS TREATMENT. CHARLIE PRIDE MAYBE, BUT NOT THE GARTH!!!!!!!!!LMAO.

Author: Raine Reply
Hey I have to agree with the author of this letter to some extent but lets really tell some more truth so that we don't lose those who we are trying to save my brother. To alienate the lost will not save them!!!!
If you know anything about this world and time that we live in, this is the Devil's time he is the ruler of this world, that is why the Bible says to (and I am paraphrasing) live on this world but not in it. As a Christain you are to be set apart. Until the rapture and Jesus's return the devel has control of this world but not for long (so if you're not saved understand that the time will come.....)However not all things created on this world is evil, the Bible also says to think of these things that are good, noble, whatever right. Music in a whole isn't of the Devil we can chose to either use it to glorify God or keep people lost in sin. Remember that back in the day some "Santified (and I'm being sarcastic) Overzealous Church people) were all about telling Ray Charles that he was messing with Gospel music but now Gospel music sounds like hip hop music.
So for those of you who are struggling with letting go of Hip Hop or Rap music but want to serve the Lord then you may want to incorporate the following artist in you music library:
Corey Red and Precise (ex: for rap)
KJ 52(ex for rap)
Cross Movement (ex for rap)
Fred Hammond (ex: for Hip Hop)
Urban D (ex: for Hip Hop)
Brent Jones (ex: for Hip Hop)
For those of you who want to be saved and don't know what to do, then read the following:
Romans 4:23-26, "For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet now God in his gracious kindness declares us not guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins.
For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satify God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God as being entirely fair and just when he did hot punish those who sinned in former times. And he is entirely fair and jsut in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus." Make Jesus your Lord and personal saviour today by acknowledging your sin and asking him into your heart.

Page:
12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940Next>>

More To Explore