Subject: Santa Vic

Reply New Subject All Subjects Search

Subject: Santa Vic Date: 02-09-2005
Author: Dan Reply
Vic,

Could you please look at the thread "80's Industrial"?

Angel on the 80sxchange was delighted to see her question answered. I found a Club version of the song on Limewire but the person recording the song forgot to remove the dust first lol.

And one more thing...Have you heard of a song called "Edna" by the band "Strapped"...

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/messages/read.php?f=1&i=4004&t=4004

THANKS!

Dan

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-10-2005
Author: soulsis Reply
Dan I am laughing and I am sure you know why but it is true. he gives out LOTS of presents and so do you..

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-11-2005
Author: Vic Ferri Reply
Just got around to checking for Edna and ya I have it. It's a funny song by Strapped from the 80s.
"Whip me, beat me, call me Edna" is the main line. And there's also a line "Make me look like Michael Jackson"
LOL

vic

gee a perfect song for love making.lol.

oh ya, just the kind of love you're wishing you'll get for Valentines Day, eh whooooooopie?! LOL

vic

Soulsis probably rocks to Salt & Pepa lol

That reminds me of a song by Clarence Carter - Strokin

Dan

well dan, I am not REAL GOOD.... I don't know, vic, whoopie may get more love than me..(laughing)

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-12-2005
Hey vic I checked out the songs man you go way back. yep pretty deep...I will find my Bessie Smith and see if I can shoot a couple of the things to you probably next week. happy valentines day Santa.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-14-2005
Author: bob Reply
VIC ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Do you actually have the song EDNA? I've been searching for that song for years! It was played several time on the DrDemento show but it is not on any of their cds. I even contacted them and they said it wasn't on cd. So if you have it, you sure have something rare and hard to find and it amazes me on all the obscure music I see you have found while browsing the messages in the past months. I would truly appreciate it if you could make Edna available or if I could even read the full lyrics which I only remember partly but which were a hoot. Finally thank you Vic for taking the time.
Bob

I didn't know it was rare till you guys made me aware of it LOL I've been getting quite a few requests for it so I'll probably upload it to my page tomorrow. And here are the lyrics:

get me, choke me, ring my neck now

flog me, lash me what the heck now

make me dress in business stockings

high heel sneakers - now you're talkin

tie me down and stomp my head now

whip me beat me call me edna

edna

gouge my eyes out twist my nose off

make me take my geeky clothes off

burn my hair I like that action

make me look like Michael Jackson

edna

eddddd naaaaaaaaaaaa

call me edna

edddd naaaaaaaaaaaa

walk on me with spiked heel shoes on

a bed of nail is what I snooze on

twist my arm and break my fingers

you're memory will always linger

vic

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Dan

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-15-2005
Author: bob Reply
Vic da music man, u weren't kiddin.
too funnny!
Thanks a million!

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 02-17-2005
hey I'd date a guy like that any time... no offense to the song.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 03-02-2005
Author: ibrqm Reply
I did find the show with Edna on it. Here is the link. I cannot find the lyrics anywhere! http://www.thedoctordementoshow.com/downloads/Demento-2/2003/20030209_03-06/20030209-21_128k-44h-S.mp3.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 03-02-2005
Author: ibrqm Reply
Please disregard my post - I didn't look far enough! Thanks for the lyrics!!.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 03-10-2005
Author: SteveS Reply
Man oh man! I can't believe that anyone else remembers "Edna"! I actually have a very very rough recording that some dude had online a few years ago. It's only 534K and sounds like crap, but it brings back lots of memories.

If there is a good recording out there, someone PLEASE make it available somehow!

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 03-10-2005
Author: SteveS Reply
I've got some corrections to the lyrics of Edna...this is how I know it to be:

The first line is "GAG me, choke me, ring my neck now", not get me...

"make me dress in FISHNET stockings", not business stockings.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 03-29-2005
Author: jimm Reply
I've been looking for Edna, too. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on this web discussion. I figured the reason that I couldn't locate that song was just that I couldn't remember enough about it to do a decent search. Since the computer I'm on doesn't have sound, don't keep me in suspense - is Edna mp3 available on that Dr. Demento site?.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 01-22-2006
Author: Salamantis Reply
The original .45 of Edna by Strapped had a flip side with another song on it called "Limbo Man"; it was about a gay guy who would limbo under bathroom stalls, I think...does anyone have the lyrics to that one?.

Subject: RE: Santa Vic Date: 06-28-2006
Author: DUane Reply
Vic,

Do you happen to still have a copy of Edna? I am very interested in obtaining the track. I lived in Houston back when it was frequently played on the morning show by the DJ called Moby. Hanna Storm was the newscaster and it was their drive time audience that had to hear things like Edna and a special wake up song that they played too that was really funny. Something like wake up - wake up - you little sleepy head - time to get your buns out of bed.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Duane
Redding, CA

Page:
1Next>>