Subject: Need name of song and artist

Reply New Subject All Subjects Search

Subject: Need name of song and artist Date: 03-19-2004
Author: Pat Reply
This song has been driving me nuts. It came out in either the mid to late 80s or 90s, and was done by a female group. The refrain goes:
You tell (or told) me, take a slow boat to china, you see I did now nothin' could be finer. I'll take a slow boat to anywhere away from you.
I had it on cassette single, but got rid of it, unfortunately. I appreciate your assistance.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 11-11-2005
Author: wiley Reply
any luck on this? i was just singing it .. it popped into my head and is also driving me nuts ... weird ... yours is the only post i've seen on google..

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 11-23-2005
Author: Dan Reply

Could it be this song?

Artist: Girls Next Door

Song: Slow Boat To China

Album: Girls Next Door

Year: 1986

Record for sale at ebay...

Link

Dan

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 11-11-2005
Author: Pat Reply
I think so! Thanks!.

Author: marktreu Reply
Slow Boat to China by The Girl's next Door (Can not find it on CD).

Author: Dan Reply
You can find the record at www.gemm.com or www.musicstack.com

If you want the music on CD, there are places that will convert the LP to CD and clean up any surface noise and reproduce the album art for the CD cover...

www.vinylrevolution.com

www.cdbbq.com

Dan

Subject: RE: Girls Next Door Date: 12-04-2005
Author: Cathy Reply
I, too, have been searching for the CD of the Girls Next Door with an old favorite song "Slow Boat to China". I had the album on cassette and sang along with it in 1986-87. It helped me get through my divorce! Funny memory! I would love to get that album again, but on CD.

By the way, any idea on whatever happened to the Girls Next Door? Thanks.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 12-04-2005
Hey, I contacted the writer and he sent me the song on CD. I can send it to you.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 12-05-2005
Author: tammy owens Reply
I would love a copy, i have just spent 2 hrs trying to find out who sang it..

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 12-06-2005
send me an e-mail address and i'll send the song.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 12-16-2005
Author: Charlie Reply
I just found an old friend who has the cassette tape of this album. I would love to get this on CD somehow. I checked with iTunes and they do not have any of these songs. Did the The Girls Next door change their name to the American Girls before they broke up?

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 03-27-2006
Author: Connie Reply
Have been searching for 'Slow Boat to China' by 'The Girls Next Door' also.
Would love to have you email it to me.

Thx
Connie

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 04-06-2006
anyone that's looking for the song can e-mail me at
[email protected] i've got it.

wiley

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 05-05-2006
Author: DaLe aTchiSon Reply
Yep. I ran into Tammy years ago at a Subway restaurant in Hermitage, TN (about 8 miles from Opryland). She said they hadn't seeemd to be getting anywhere with the band, and they were all starting families, so they just decided to 'hang it up'. Last time I was on the General Jackson showboat, Diane was singing and dancing in the show. I know each of them got married while the band was going strong, but I kinda remember at least two of those ended before I left Nashville in 2000..

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 05-26-2006
Author: Kari Reply
Can you send me the song slow boat to china? We are trying to settle a bet around our office here about that song. Thanks!.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 07-14-2006
Author: Mike Reply
It's called Slow Boat to China by a one hit wonder female country group called, "The Girls Next Door." It came out in the summer of 1986. I was twelve years old. I use to have it on tape off of the radio from that year, but it's been long gone. I want to get the song again.

Mike

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 07-21-2006
Author: Mike Reply
I can't believe how many people are suddenly looking for this song. I didn't think it was that hard to find!

Maybe it will be one of those that is popular years later?!

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 08-08-2006
Author: diana Reply
the girls next door song is calle take a slow boat to china came out in the 80's i ve been looking for it for years i just found out who sings it today and it is rare im guessing they have the same name but different people been trying to find it every where.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 08-08-2006
Author: diana Reply
can you please send me the song please ive been searching for it forever i can find everything else with the same name but this girls next door-take a slow boat to china thank you very very much !-diana.

Subject: RE: Need name of song and artist Date: 10-04-2006
Author: GOLAKERS Reply
ME TOO. i WANT THE SONG! .

Page:
1Next>>