Subject: 80's rap song

Reply New Subject All Subjects Search

Subject: 80's rap song Date: 06-28-2003
Author: Victor L Price Reply
I am looking for the duo female group called finesse syquinse. They had a one hit wonder that I am trying to download. Maybe through share files. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it..

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 08-28-2003
Author: Jamie Lynn Reply
The song is called "Sisters of Soul", and I saw it on Yo MTV Raps in about 88'. I have been trying to find it also. The full group name is Finesse and Syquis..

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 08-28-2003
Author: rob Reply
I think you may have the speeling of the artists name wrong. It is Finesse & Synquis, but I'm not sure if 'Synquis' is spelled correctly. I also thosght the name of the song was called "Sister Soul", but I could be wrong. Either way I hope someone can provide the correct spelling the group and title and offer some clues to where to find it. 'Cause I kinda forgot about that song until I saw this, but then I instantly recalled how much I liked it and how it toke me back to my "house party" days. I hope someone can help with more info. .

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 09-01-2003
Author: NullUserName Reply
I found out the spelling of the name of the group. It's Finesse & Synquis, and the song title is "Soul Sisters".

Haven't found it yet though (searching Kazaa), but I'll keep looking.

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 09-10-2003
Author: Jahz Reply
Finesse & Synquis - You probably first seen them on Yo!MTV Raps in late 80s when they were on the video from the Uptown Crew "Uptowns Kickin It" (werent they sporting MCM outfits?)..then they released the Album Soul Sisters and single Ill be there. Finesse went on to do some solo stuff and a project with a female rap group called The Deadly Venoms. Most the old F&S stuff is Vinyl. I got the CD. And I got Uptown Kickin IT too. Hope this helps..

Author: NullUserName Reply
Yo Jahz,

If you have that song who's hook goes:
"Go sister soul sister go sister soul sister... hey, hey, hey..." I believe the song is called "Soul Sister", you seem as though you'd know. If you have it on CD, would you happen to be a Kazaa user or would be possible to share that song? If you would be so kind. I've looked for this song on vinyl as well, even international via the web and no one has that particular song or if they do, the condition of the album is listed as 'poor'.

Please help! If you can.
Thank you!!!

Author: Captain Calamity Reply
Isn't that 'go sister soul sister' hook from Lady Marmalade by Labelle?.

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-19-2004
Author: mista Reply
I have their original cassette tape around the house somewhere. It was actually really good and I played it alot back in the day. When I find it, I'll convert it and place it on line for ya..

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-25-2004
Author: rob Reply
Where you able to find the cassette. I'm hoping you can, because it seems that you're the only one with that song..

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-26-2004
Author: mista Reply
I'm still looking for the cassette. I know it's here somewhere. I do have the album cover pics for now if anybody is interested to see who they were!.

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-27-2004
Author: Jahz Reply
I have the CD....and I have the Uptown is kickin it song they are featured on. I have it actually from a Marly Marl show recorded live when he was on the air in NYC back in tha day. This CD was made from the original program disk from the radio station. Im off line right now (at home)...but when I get back on...Ill try and work out a way to get it to you guys. Maybe it will be later this week...Im in Brazil right now...and things take a little longer down here.....

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 12-23-2004
Author: soulsis Reply
you guys are sooooo freakin good. They had 2 singles, well three but souls sisters is the first, then there was a slow song, and another, But if you find the albumn I think it is grey and they may be wearing shades. I have the 12 inch and albumn and my suggestion is to look in discount bins in your town. Good luck.

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 12-28-2004
Author: Dan Reply
Hey guys,

We are spinning off a set of message boards for a bunch of different genres of music. We just launched is Rap/Hip Hop. Check it out at: http://raphiphop.tuneforums.com/

Thanks,

Dan

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 03-28-2005
Author: sha Reply
Please help!!! Who is the Artist,and what is the title. for the song that, I think goes.. Beep Beep. You and the crew. Party. Why don't you find somebody and party. and then the beat plays after that..

Who is the Artist, and what is the name of the song that goes.. BEEP BEEP, YOU AND THE CREW PARTY! WHY DON'T YOU FIND SOMEBODY AND PARTY. then the beat plays.

Who is the Artist, and what is the name of the song that goes.. BEEP BEEP, YOU AND THE CREW PARTY! WHY DON'T YOU FIND SOMEBODY AND PARTY. then the beat plays.

how about freedom by grandmaster flash and the
furious five

Im back on the computer. I just got your message. That must be it Thanks a lot!! soulsis.

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-26-2006
Author: DJ REDDZ Reply
I was once lost but now I am found and I am trying to help out others looking for Uptowns Kickin' It. The song is by The Uptown Crew and the actual title is Uptown is kickin' it. Hit me up if been looking for this. By far this is one of the hardest songs to find. Most music stores, torrent sites, P2P or whatever don't have this song..

Subject: RE: 80's rap song Date: 01-26-2006
glad I have my lp.

Page:
123Next>>