Subject: 90's R&B Girl Group

Subject: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 02-24-2007
Author: Luteechia Reply
Can somebody please prove that I am not insane? There was a R&B group in the early 90's with four girls. On the album cover they all had on baby doll dresses in different colors. I can't remember the name of the group or any of the songs. I do remember one of the skits at the end one of the members said, "boy, you must be coo-coo".

Am I crazy? Didn't this group exist?

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 02-24-2007
Author: Dan Reply

Could the group be En Vogue?

Dan

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 02-25-2007
Author: ROMEO DANIELS Reply
I THINK THE NAME OF THE GROUP IS "EX - GIRLFRIEND" OR "THE GYRLZ," THEY BOTH HAD FOUR MEMBERS IN THEIR GROUP..

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 06-08-2007
Author: Crystal Reply
Yes, you are not insane in fact I've been looking for that CD since I left Germany in 1996. Here it is now 2007 and I have not found it yet, but yes they did exsist R.Kelly Produced that group. I wish that they did more because that was a goo song they came out with. It was befor he produced changing faces with the song "Stoke you up"..

Author: lia Reply
Don't think it's Good Girls cuz they only had 3 members, not 4 and no album with baby doll dresses of diff colors..

Author: Toya Reply
The group you are talking about is definitely Ex-Girlfriend. It's on their 1st CD "X Marks the Spot." I used to play the hell out of it. The skit you are talking about comes on with the dude saying something like "I'm the man of the house - I'm all dat - What-I-Say Goes!" and then she says "Boy, you must be coo-coo". It's the skit that comes on right before "Don't Knock On My Door".

**The cover of the CD has them standing outside wearing slacks and suspenders/neck ties or something like that. You may have seen the cover of one of their singles or something but with the whole vibe of the group, I can't picture them in babydoll dresses.

*They did not work with R. Kelly. Ex-Girlfriend was Full Force's group.

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 06-14-2007
Author: MIKE HAMMERLY Reply
IF YOU LIKE R&B CHECK OUT THIS LINK

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZfourtyfiveking

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 06-14-2007
Author: soulsis Reply
I've seen it myself..

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 06-20-2007
Author: zarocz Reply
the group was called the good girlz and there was another group called the girlz who sang the songs it's over and it's all because of you. but your group was the good girls.

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 06-20-2007
Author: blackwidow Reply
nice call zarocz....I do own cd's from all three groups.This is a pretty cool site for those interested in 80's & 90's R&B music. Rare out-of-print music with album covers.

copy & paste:

http://www.soulmovement.nl

click below:
Click Here To Enter Throwbaq Soulmovement Website

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 07-11-2007
Author: Brosuave Reply
Ok..I want to sum up everyone's statements. First, there was a group of 4 members called ex-girlfriend. Second, they were founded and produced by Full Force on their debut album in 1991. They had the hit "Why Can't You Come Home", reaching top 10 on the R&B chart. Three years later, they released another album with production duties by R. Kelly and others. They had the hit "X in your Sex". Third, the skit referred to earlier is correct. It comes on the first album right before "Knock On the Right Door". After their second album, the group split due to internal conflict.

http://www.njs4ever.com/exgf.html

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 11-24-2008
Author: Nikki Reply
Does anyone know where I can get The Gyrlz cd online?.

Subject: RE: 90's R&B Girl Group Date: 12-05-2008
Author: William Cherry Reply
Envogue.

Download Now - ""
** In some cases, selected hymns may not be available for immediate download.

| privacy