Subject: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy

Reply New Subject All Subjects Search

Subject: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 05-07-2006
Author: Dan T Reply
Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy.

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 01-13-2008
Author: sherie parsons Reply
Bill Parsons was a wonderful person who had a very great talent.
He also appeared on Dick Clark's American Bandstand several times,played bass for the Everly Brothers, his song Rubber Dolly is played in a movie, he ha recorded more songs thaat weren't #1 hits but were great songs. To meet Bill Parsons is an extreme pleasure, to know Bill Parsons is to know and love a very sweet wonderful man. His talent has poured over into his son whom it wuld be shameful if the world didn't get to see, he is a very talented writer, singer,musician, entertainer. He is definitely derived from Bill Parsons

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 02-15-2008
Author: Roberta Reply
I have wondered about Bill Parsons for years. You see, he was once married to my aunt many, many years ago. I used to idolize him from afar. So good to know there is someone around who still cares about him. I would like to hear more about him.

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 03-05-2008
Author: Ed Reply
I was surprised that no one questioned as to why Bill Parsons was deleted from the one hit wonder list. As I remember it, the reason was that he really didn't have the hit. It was really Bobby Bare, who was a friend of Parsons and who recorded the demo that was used for the record pressing. But the record producers (Fraternity Records) accidentally used Parson's name on the label. I learned all this listening to Casey Kasems AT40 One Hit Wonder show about 35 years ago. I honestly don't know why I remembered. .

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 11-14-2008
Author: kessler Reply
I am his granddaughter...I stumbled upon this site looking for information about the story of his "record" to tell my son. He passed several years ago. Yes he does have a son, my dad, and no he is not into music. He has other sons and daughters as well....His two other sons are much younger than my dad. He had them late in life. I think they are in music however, but haven't heard from them in some time. .

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 06-11-2009
Author: Staci Reply
I am one of Bill Parsons granddaughters my mother is the late Ladonna parsons The first of 5 wonderfull kids he has I was also on here showing my son who his great grandpa is I think Bill was a good man. And I would love to see the younger boys of Bills it has beed a long time I really miss them..

Subject: RE: Discussion of Bill Parsons - All American Boy Date: 10-20-2009
Author: Shelley Reply
I am also one of Bill Parsons' granddaughters. Glad to see a few of my cousins posting on here. My mother is Cathy the youngest of his girls and middle child. Our Grandpa passed away in 2000 in a small town near Cincinatti Ohio. I too was showing my sons about their Great-Grandfather on here and happened upon this site. Many of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren have inherited his musical ability. Thanks so much for this thread..