Subject: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's

Reply New Subject All Subjects Search

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 12-07-2005
Author: MrQuest Reply
I'm trying to find a song from the early 90's that went something like this: "this one is for my hommies that have pass away, I'll pour a drink for my hommies"
-well, it went something like that

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 12-07-2005
Author: Sean Reply
The song you are looking for Betty is called "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys..

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 12-17-2005
Author: Lynn Reply
I'm looking for an early 90's hip hop rap song... i'm not sure exactly what the words are but the chorus part says something like.... then i'm a see if i can come too and then i'm a see if i can come too and then im a see if i can come too and then i'm a see if i can come too.. and a guy raps in this upbeet hip hop style....

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 12-17-2005
Author: Tony Reply
Does anyone know the song with the lyrics "come on girl don't try to fake it, get out there and let me see you shake, come on shake shake it"

Mc Shy D - Shake It

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 12-30-2005
Author: buckeye_doc Reply
It's Born to Roll by Masta Ace Inc..

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-16-2006
Author: chris jones Reply
it was common sense off his can i borrow a dollar album, the only problem is that the video version is better than the album version.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-17-2006
Author: carypotter18 Reply
hello guys. i'm just a newbie here in this forum. i really like this forum coz i love music coming from the 80's and 90's decade. by the way, i just want to know the title of fast rap song comin' from the 90's, unfortunately, the only lyrics i can remember is "..there i can see", (that phrase is in the chorus). something like...."------- ----- there i can see ------". sorry for this but the rap is so fast that i can barely understand the lyrics,although that song is very nice. hope u can help me even though i've given a little clue about the song. thanks very much...

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-24-2006
Author: me Reply
2 live crew .. "me so horny" that was an easy one .. .

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-24-2006
that's not it....

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-29-2006
Author: Dstrukt Reply
Tribe called quest-We've got the Jazz.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-30-2006
that's not it either...thanks for the help..i'm still optimistic that you will able to name the song that i'm looking for..The song that i'm looking can be compared to Come Baby Come or Hotstepper although it is much faster and it is accompanied by synthesizer. thanks!.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-31-2006
Author: hmills Reply
there was a song by a group called sex fiends named hey hoes i'm trying to find it can anyone help.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 01-31-2006
Author: hmills Reply
there was a song by a group called sex fiends named hey hoes i'm trying to find it can anyone help.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-02-2006
another clue: the song that i'm talking about is danceable and kinda like a boyband song although there's only one singer singing it....

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-10-2006
Author: DAVY Reply
MASTAH ACE THE SONG IS JEEP ASS NIGAH.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-12-2006
Author: Marcus Reply
I know it's almost pointless, but this is really killing me! I heard a song this past Friday on the radio, and it's old school hip hop and it's the first time I've heard the song in at least 14 years!
I think it was made sometime around 1992, maybe '91 or '90. My mom was like the coach or choreograher or whatever for cheerleading, and the cheerleaders would always do a routine to this song...

It's a real cool dancing song, and the beat is really hard to describe cuz it's real unique and some of the beats sounds similar to Beastie Boys' "Check it Out"...i think i remember some of the song going "Shake that Body" and the beat would go (Deer-Neer!).."shake that body (Deer-neer!) and i think the rappers would say "GO GO GO GO GO"...

Yea, i know this makes no sense, but im tryin my best to explain this song cuz it's killin me!

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-13-2006
Author: Dan Reply

Marcus,

I looked for a song titled "Shake That Body" around the early 90's. Could it be this song?

Artist: M.D. III

Title: Shake that body

Label(cat#)/year: Underground (un138) /1990

Mixes /tracks included are:

Side-A: Mike's vocal mixx(4:42), Mike's instrumental mixx(4:20), Fast Eddie's bass that body mix(3:40)

Side-B: Mike's "hip-house is going on mixx"(3:37), Tyree's body mix(4:40), K-Alexi dubs you the right way mix(2:59)

A classic Chicago DJ International / Underground style hip house 12" with Mike Dunn, Fast Eddie, Tyree & K-Alexi(they're not credited on the label, but from the mix names, they did mixes for this track?)!! All the tracks here except A-2 are classic style hip-house, with old school flavored rapping on them. However, this B-1 track is a wicked deep inst track, with old school Chicago style raw kicks + clapping, piano phrases, deep `n dubby basslines & dark synthe keys!! Please click the link below to listen to Real Audio sample #27 for A-2 track!! Or you can listen to the A-2 track here!!

Click here for song clip

Note: The above description is from a seller on ebay.

Dan

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-14-2006
Author: dfadsf Reply
its by arrested development

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-21-2006
Author: cj Reply
Commmon: Soul by the pound remix.

Subject: RE: Hip hop/Rap song early 90's Date: 02-24-2006
Author: daddyq69 Reply
Whut up guyz, am looking for a rap song (Quayshawn - Party Slammin'), so if anyone of you guyz have this song i will be so thanxful, cuz am lookin' fo' dat song fo' so many years, hollaa !!!.

Page:
<<Previous123456789101112131415Next>>